Registrations for the Free Travel Spree promo has closed
Please check out our social media pages for info on exciting promotions exclusive to Gautrain passengers on 27 August.
We look forward to seeing you onboard!
Registration: Gautrain Free Travel Spree Promotion
The Gautrain Free Travel Spree (“the Promotion”) will take place on Saturday, 27 August 2022. Persons who pre-register will be offered a chance to experience the Gautrain train and/ or bus services at no cost, and will be permitted to travel on the train to as many stations as they want (excluding OR Tambo International Airport). The Promotion is limited to 2 (two) adults and 2 (two) children aged 18 and under, per family. The Promotion is applicable to the Gautrain train, bus and parking services.
How will this work?
Step 1 – Online Registration
Interested persons must register on the Gautrain website at https://www.gautrainalerts.co.za/free-travel-spree/ on or before 12 August 2022, by 17h00.
Step 2 – Customer Validation
Upon arrival at your selected Gautrain station (excluding OR Tambo), produce your QR code to the Promoter stationed at the promotional stand. Once your registration has been verified, you will be issued with a wristband which must be worn for the duration of the Promotion to avoid penalty fees/ charges being issued to you.
Step 3 – Access to travel on Gautrain
Once you have received your promotional wristband(s), you will be required to wear your wristband(s) in order to participate in the Promotion. You may park at any participating station (excluding OR Tambo) and travel on the train and/ or bus at no cost. The promotional wristband(s) are only valid for 27 August 2022 across all participating Gautrain stations.
Step 4 – Register your Gautrain Card online
All adults registered to participate in the Promotion, will receive a Welcome pack which includes 1 (one) Gautrain SWIFT card. You may register an online account on the Gautrain website at https://www.gautrain.co.za/register or app and link your gifted Gautrain SWIFT Card. Benefits of registering your account are:
- Manage your profile
- Loading value onto your Gautrain Card
- Purchasing a Train Product
- Check Gautrain Card Validity
- View your transaction history
- Block lost/ stolen Gautrain card
- Submit a refund request
For any queries, please visit our Contact Us page at www.gautrainalerts.co.za/contact/ or call our Customer Care Centre on 0800 428 87246 (0800 GAUTRAIN), daily from 05h30 to 20h00. You may also use the LiveChat feature on the Contact Us page.
Terms and Conditions
- The Promotion is valid for 27 August 2022 only, between 07h00 and 17h00, at all Gautrain stations (excluding OR Tambo station).
- To participate in this Promotion:
- Interested persons will be required to pre-register on the Gautrain website at https://www.gautrainalerts.co.za/free-travel-spree/ by no later than 12 August 2022 at 17h00, failing which, standard Gautrain fares will apply on the 27 August 2022. (Please note that registrations are limited and dependent on availability).
- Upon registration, interested persons will receive an e-mail with a QR code. It is therefore important to ensure that the correct email address is provided upon registration.
- Upon arrival at a Gautrain station on the 27th August 2022, registered persons must provide the QR code received by email to the promoter situated at the station.
- The registered person will be issued with a promotional wristband.
- Only persons wearing the promotional wristband(s) will be eligible to participate in the Promotion. Please note, promotional wristband(s) will only be issued between 07h00 and 16h00 at the participating Gautrain stations.
- If travelling with children, parent(s) and/or guardian(s) must ensure that children are wearing the promotional wristband(s) at all times for the duration of the Promotion.
- A maximum of 2 (two) adults and 2 (two) children aged 18 years and under, per family will be permitted to participate in the Promotion free of charge on the day.
- The registered person will be permitted to park at Gautrain stations at no cost, between 07h00 and 17h00.
- Registered persons must collect a promotional wristband, which will permit them to free Gautrain services for the Promotion.
- Registered persons requiring parking at a Gautrain station, will be required to take a parking ticket upon entry at the Station. The parking ticket will be validated at the Ticket Office and registered persons will not be charged for parking at the Station.
- The registered persons will be permitted to travel on the train to the participating Gautrain stations at no cost for the duration of the Promotion, and will not be required to tag in or out at the Fare Gate.
- A special Gautrain bus service will be made available to transport registered persons to selected destinations, at no cost. Persons wearing their promotional wristband(s) will not be required to tag in on the bus. The standard Gautrain weekend bus service will be operating to the Mall of Africa and Pretoria Zoo. In addition, Gautrain will offer a special bus route to Menlyn Maine, departing from Hatfield Station between 07h00 – 17h00 at no cost.
- Gautrain does not take any responsibility for the quality of the products and/or services offered by the selected retailers and partners.
- All standard Gautrain rules are to be observed at all times. Penalty fees may be applied should registered persons fail to adhere to the Gautrain rules. Please refer to Gautrain website for Gautrain Travel Rules: https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/generalinformation.
- Bombela Concession Company, the Gautrain Management Agency, the Bombela Operating Company, and their respective sub-contractors, affiliates and agents (The Gautrain Companies) shall not be liable, to the extent permissible by law, for any loss, injury and / or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising, suffered or incurred by any participant in this Promotion.
- This Promotion is not open to any directors, members, partners, employees or agents of the Gautrain Management Agency, Bombela Operating Company, Bombela Concession Company or any of their sub-contractors or affiliates; or any supplier of goods or services in connection with this Promotion.
- In accordance with the South African laws, the Gautrain Companies’ confidentiality policies and practices, none of the details of any participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used for any purposes other than for entry into the Promotion or any opt-in services offered upon registration. The Gautrain Companies comply with provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (CPA) and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
- The Gautrain Companies (or any one of them) reserve the right to withdraw, postpone, amend or suspend this Promotion at any time and for any reason which may be deemed necessary, without prior notice. This Promotion may also be amended at any time due to Covid-19 regulations as issued by the Government of South Africa.
- By participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.