The Protection of Personal Information Act, (Act 4 of 2013)
The Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPIA) aims to promote the protection of personal information processed by public and private bodies by, among others, introducing certain conditions for the lawful processing of personal information so as to establish minimum requirements for the processing of such information.
The Information Regulator (South Africa) is, among others, empowered to monitor and enforce compliance by public and private bodies with the provisions of the POPI Act. For more information about the POPI Act, visit: https://inforegulator.org.za/.
In keeping with and further to our Terms & Conditions, this website is made available by the Bombela Concession Company (RF) (Pty) Ltd, registration number: 2005/031316/07 (“Bombela”).
Exercising Your rights
Bombela is committed to providing You with reasonable access to Your Personal Information including the ability to review, amend, rectify, destroy or delete such Personal Information. If You are interested in exercising one or more of the rights described above, You can submit a request by contacting us at POPIA@bombela.com.
Bombela values and respects the confidentiality and privacy of the Personal Information that You entrust it with. We will not share or disclose Personal Information to anyone except as provided in our Promotion and Protection of Personal Information Policy and/or any contracts or terms and conditions of service concluded with us.
Generally, Bombela may share a Your Personal Information (including, where applicable, special personal information) with the following third parties:
- The Gautrain Management Agency in its capacity as the statutorily mandated entity responsible for managing the Gautrain project on behalf of the Gauteng Provincial Government;
- The Bombela Operating Company (Pty) Ltd in its capacity as the entity ultimately responsible for the operation of the Gautrain system;
- The Company’s shareholders;
- Agents or suppliers of the Company including those who provide it with technology services such as data analytics, hosting or technical support;
- Professional advisors and auditors; and
- Regulators, government authorities and law enforcement authorities.
Collection and Processing of Personal Information
When using this Website, You may be required to provide Bombela with Your Personal Information for certain services You may wish to use on the Website. You will not be required to post any such Personal Information on the public areas on the Website.
Bombela collects Personal Information directly from You as and when required for a defined purpose. Bombela may collect Your Personal Information via the Website in the following manner:
- When you register or create Your Gautrain account on the Website, You provide Bombela with Personal Information that includes your name, email address, date of birth and contact details;
- When you register Your Gautrain card using the online registration process on the Website, You provide Bombela with Personal Information that includes your name, surname, e-mail addresses mobile number and date of birth;
- When You make use of the LiveChat platform on the Website and consent to the Processing of Your Personal Information, you provide Bombela with Personal Information that includes your name and email address, where applicable; or
- When You submit a request via the Website to opt in to receive marketing communications from Bombela via email, You provide Bombela with Your Personal Information that includes your email address and/or mobile number.
You may visit the Website without providing the Personal Information described above. The Website servers will, in such instances, collect the IP address of the computer/electronic device which this Website is being viewed from, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. Where Your Personal Information may be required and You elect not to share such Personal Information with Bombela, it must be noted that such restrictions on Bombela’s ability to collect and Process Your Personal Information may result in Bombela not being able to adequately assist and communicate feedback to You regarding Your query.